HPT positive. TSH level fluctuating. Will I have a miscarriage?

hello doctor, i missed my period on jan 29th and tested at home with HPT on 01st feb and it was positive. but the same day seen some brown spotting. I rushed to gynac and she suggested for TSH test. result was 17 and i got test again the next day it was 9. I want to know that thyroid counts fluctuate??? and am still bleediing with spots and she had recommended 50mg tablets and also threathened that i may lose my pregnancy. please clarify whether taking medication will result in miscarriage??
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013