HIV positive not on medication. Sore throat, fatigue. Not responding to antibiotics. What to do?

Hi, I am HIV+ but not on meds. I am normally very healthy and only suffer with a cold once a year. Nearly 2 weeks ago my throat started to get sore, I went to the doctors and he said I had a throat and ear infection but actually wrote classical tonsillitis on my medical notes. I took the course of amoxicillian but no improvement so returned a week later but doctor didnt seem worried although I stressed how tied I have been feeling. I went back to the doctors again yesterday and given another course of amoxicillian. I have now got a very sore mouth, on the top I can feel a boil type lump and its very sore. My mouth is very sore without touching the top of it, I can feel it throbbing. I also want to mention in case of any relevance that I have been to Gambia Africa 3 times in the past 12 months i returned 3 weeks ago but a week before I went I had a cold that knocked me of my feet. I just feel very low tied and uncomfortable because of my throat and mouth. Could you give me any advice to what I could do please.
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013