HIV partner, suspected depression. Can his depression be cured before it gets worse ?

My partner was diagnosed with HIV. I was diagnosed as not having the virus after several tests. Ive noticed a huge difference in his feelings including the feelings of not wanting the relationship any longer, my assumption is depression. This is a hard subject for me because we have been together for 10 years and iam not ready to throw in the towel. Im trying to work on increasing his feelings of not wanting to leave by getting us more involved with each other. The question I have is do you feel that he could be helped with depression if this is the case ? I have found many stories about HIV positive patients who experience a greater depression undergoing treatments with medications, this of course raises my fear of him going into deeper depression or worse.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013