HCG levels low during pregnancy. Ultrasound shows small collapsed sac. Will it become normal?

I am 5 weeks 3 days pregnant and my HSG levels started at 103, then 2 days later 197, 3rd beta 4days later was only 300. Had some brown discharge 3 days later and went in to RE for 4th beta and ultra sound . Beta is now 546 and ultrasound showed a small collapsed sac. 1/3 the size it should be. My RE believes that I will miscarry and should stop my hormone treatments. I am going back in a few days to see if the levels start going down. Is there any hope that the sac will become a normal size? I m 42 and feel like this is it for me.
Asked On : Mon, 19 Nov 2012