HCG Drops and am wondering if this is normal or due to the drops ?

I started spotting on Day 9 while taking the HCG drops and am wondering if this is normal or due to the drops? I ve heard it can alter your menstrual cycle . I have been on Loestrin BC for years and normally do not get periods even though a month ago I was spotting for nearly a month. That was a first and my doctor said it was probably just hormones changing. I just don t want another month of spotting. If so, when would be the appropriate time to contact my OB/GYN? Anyone have this happen?
Asked On : Wed, 30 Mar 2011
  Anonymous's Response
I've been doing the diet for a week now, and have also been spotting the last 3 days. I never had that happen the last time I did the hcg diet. I'm concerned too, and am not sure if I should stop the diet.
General & Family Physician Dr. Prahlad S. Patki's  Response
HCG drops appear to be homeo medicine, i doubt it will affect your periods. Loestrin is a hormonal formulation, it may produce spots, please get examined by your Gynec early and rule out pathology , if any. You can visit your doctor any time now.
I started the diet back in april. On day 5 i started spotting, which turned into a pretty normal period. This is abnormal for me because I have NEVER had a normal period (I am 27) I stopped the drops after 15 days of bleeding. On day 5 of the break I stopped bleeding and started the drops again on day 6. Now 6 days after restarting the drops, I found spotting again, soon to find out if it is a full blown period. Now whats up with this? I am sexually active and Yes I could be preggo, because I have had sex in the last 14 days. So could this be implantation bleeding? Could it be something else? Hcg shouldnt cause bleeding should it? I mean what if I got pregnant, and I had hcg naturally in my body would I just bleed all the time?