Hello and welcome to HCM,
The interpretation of liver
functions test ais as follows:
1. SGOT and SGPT are both within normal range. These two enzymes are secreted by the liver cells. There level increases in cases where liver cells are damaged by infection, inflammation, injury
2. HBsAg is elevated- This indicates that there is infection with Hepatitis B
3. Anti HBeAg is increased- This means that the acute stage of hepatitis B infection is over and the antibodies
are produced against the antigen
HBsAg infection can lead to chronic infection but not very frequently.
Once a hepatitis infection, always a hepatitis infection.
But it does not necessarily lead to complications. It may not cause any problem at all in future.
However, take precautions so as not to acquire the hepatitis infection again.
1. Avoid water intake from outside especially during rainy season or when the epidemic
of hepatitis has spread in your locality. Always consume clean drinking water.
2. Avoid direct contact with blood of any person. You never know who is infected.
3. Do not share needle with any one.
I think these precautions are enough if followed seriously.
You can take some heatoprotective drug during this phase only.
Thanks and take care.
Dr Shailja P Wahal