HBV antigen positive in blood but not detected in PCR

I m hbv antigen postive in blood test but not detected virus in pcr test what me should to do now
Asked On : Thu, 9 Sep 2010
HIV AIDS Specialist 's  Response
YES IT MAY HAPPEN AS VIRAL ANTIGEN IS NOLY DETECTABLE AS YOU HAVE DONE TEST LATE AFTER ENTRY OF VIRUS IN YOUR BODY CONFIRM FROM OTHER HOSPITAL OR LAB TOO
Nephrologist Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha's  Response
Thanks for the query

The best way to know if u r having an active HBV infection is to do a HBeAg and HbsAg. If these both are negative then u have nothing to worry about. Wait for 6 months and repeat hbsag, most likely than not it will become negative. Hbv infection 96% of the times gets cured on its wn without any problems

have a healthy living