Gyrating sound with pain on moving buttocks while lying on one side, frequent urge to crack spine. Cause?

Why is it that there seems to be a clicking/grating sound when I am lying on my right side and move my buttock back. I can feel the grinding in the the very lowere area above that buttock cheek. There Is pain also. In addition I. Often feel the need to crack my spine while lying down and it give a little relief afterward
Asked On : Sun, 29 Jul 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Cracking sound is not a disease as it can be present in normal person also. if you are worried then you can show it to orthopaedic surgeon and check it. I can assure you that this is not a disease and you will be fine soon.