Gynecomastia, one breast larger than the other, painful at the center with dense breast tissue. How can I get rid of this?

I am a 35 y.o. male with painful gynecomastia like symptoms. I have been seen by my PCP and had testosterone/estrogen/thyroid levels taken and all have been within the normal ranges and breast cancer has been ruled out. This started about 7 years ago with my left breast being markedly larger than my right with a painful to touch center and within the last year my right breast has caught up with my left and also is painful to touch in the center. My wife states that I would be a B cup as far as size goes. My PCP stated that the only abnormal thing she could find was that my breast tissue was dense. I am overweight but other than that I am healthy. I weigh 187 lbs and I stand 5 11 ; am a nonsmoker and the only meds I take are OTC Claritin for allergies and Paxil for anxiety. Please help me to find out why this is happening and/or what I can do to get rid of this burden. (FYI-I was not overweight when this started 7 years ago).
Asked On : Fri, 20 Apr 2012