Gymnast, have shoulder pain with certain movements. Ultrasound showed calcified bursitis. Cause of concern?

Hi, my 10 year old daughter is a competitive gymnast. For approximately 8 weeks she s been complaining of pain to her shoulder and asking for ice at night. She did not have any specific injury and often says that she has no pain, except at night and with certain movements. An ultrasound showed bursitis that is calcified. We re now waiting on results of X-rays. How concerned should I be about this? Is it wise to let her continue training in the meantime? She uses ice almost every night, but never complains of pain while training. Thank you, Concerned parent
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013