Gurgling feeling in leg, behind right knee, pain radiating into thigh, down to calves, occurred after exercising. Causes?

For about 5 days now, I have this gurgling feeling in my leg, behind my right knee . If I move my leg a certain way, I have a sharp shooting pain that radiates from that spot up into my thigh and down into my calf . I noticed it just after I finished exercising, when I was stretching . The spot is tender to the touch. I m 43 and have never had anything like this before.
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013
  Anonymous's Response
You should go to the emergency room or call your physician immediately--dependent on what the doctor observes he may order an x-ray or an ultra sound. With the radiating pain, that is symptomatic of a spinal injury (either muscular, nerve or disc issue). It could also be a vascular related event such as a blood clot or deep vain thrombosis. Both issues are sometimes easily treatable, based on the prognosis and report of findings from your physician. Not to cause alarm, but it is strongly advised that you should consult with a physician and be examined immediately. Hope you better soon, be well.

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.