Gums seem to be shrinking, white spots lower down the gums. Taking medication for heart issues. Should I consult a dentist?

Hi, I m getting concerned about my gums as they seem to be shrinking and I feel i can see lower into the bottoms of my teeth . I thought it was white spots lower down, but there is no irritation, the gums just seem to be getting smaller. I have health issues at this time with my heart and I am taking Diltiazem 120mg now for going on 3 mths. I apparently will need Abilation Therapy . Simple enough. I also get blood work done every 3 mths. and all appears well. Do I need to see a dentist? Thank you, Shirley
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013