Gum split open, piece of jaw bone exposed, irritation on side of tongue post filing. Will it resolve?

I had my back molar extracted 15 days ago. I had to go back after a week because I had a tiny bone spicule on the inside of my jaw. The dentist filed it down. The next day I noticed that my gum split open and there is now a piece of my jaw bone exposed (about the size of half a pinky fingernail). It s pretty sharp, and really irritating the side of my tongue . Should I go back? Or will it resolve on its own?
Asked On : Thu, 23 Aug 2012