Growths on chest, please help

Growths on chest, please help what to do ?
Asked On : Thu, 31 Dec 2009
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Hi raghu,
Thanks for visiting HCM
I wish you have given more information about your growth. Is it the breast enlargement or a nodule sort of thing and what is the site.
Male breast enlargement in the days of puberty can be due to hormonal over-activity and is benign sort of thing and there is nothing to worry except for some cosmetic reasons for which you may consult plastic surgeon if it is too much.
Nodular recent growth, increasing in size, must be thoroughly evaluated as it can be malignancy especially in elderly population. I will advise you to go a simple test called fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) available with any pathologist. The report will guide further.

Best wishes

Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon Dr. Prakash Chhajlani's  Response
Male Breast enlargement:Gynacomastia is the technical namei.It is not a disease but over reaction of harmones.Plastic SURGERY IS THE TREATMENT OF CHOICE IF IT BOTHERS YOU COSMETICALLY.It is harmless and no medical treatment or exercise helps in reducing it.

Anonymous's Response
sir im 22 years old , i do regular workouts of chest in gym but sillit feels soft under nipples and when i am lying on bed i also feel knots under nipples and myt nipples tip also appears to tend inwards
  Anonymous's Response

Mr.Raghu, what growths do you have? Is it like enlargement of your breast. You will need to consult a cosmetic surgeon, in that case. Moreover if you are obese, then it is normal to have breast enlargement as a result of fat accumalation.