Growth on outer corner of eyes. Had red eyes & eye mucus. Cause?

Hello. I have some seemingly benign growth at the outer corners of both my eyes. Before the growth appeared, my eyes were super red for quite some time. Anyways, they ve been there for over a year now and don t seem to affect my vision at all but there s been eye mucus every single day which really affects me. In colder countries that I ve been to (like Germany and France) the growths decrease a little in size and there isn t so much mucus daily. My family brush me off every time I try to tell them and they say it s because I haven t enough sleep and rub my eyes too much- I doubt it though. So, please help me?
Asked On : Thu, 5 Jul 2012