Growth in the neck gland below dental work. Had filling on teeth months ago. Related?

I had two bottom right side moor teeth . Filled november2012. They were drilled out deeply and afterward were sensative when chewing food or gum for the next 8months followed. One week ago a growth in the neck gland below the dental work has formed an I am scheduled for a sonogram tomorrow. Should I be concerned that this may have been due to the dental work and see a dentist?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013
Dentist 's  Response
Since the growth has developed below the dental work,abscess may be developed at the periapical area of filled tooth,due to spread of infection into pulp and periapical area.
Please do visit a dentist and get root canal treatment or pulp capping done depending on the involvement of infection.
Take complete course of antibiotics prescribed by your dentist.
The growth will disappear once the entire pus within the growth has drained out.
Also make sure that you are maintaining oral hygiene well.