Growing zit on the back, painful, smelly. Suggestions for getting it removed?

I have what I believe is a zit on the back of my neck and it has been getting bigger since the past 3 weeks it s the size of a golf ball and it s starting to hurt more each day and it s starting to smell. I had it for over 3 years and never cared about it until now because it grew and it s painful. I would like to know how much it would cost to get it removed and if it needs to get examined before and what kind of doctor should I go to.
Asked On : Sun, 16 Dec 2012