Growing soft painless lumps on the thigh and buttocks. Cancerous?

Dear Doc. I have had a Small soft lump on my left thigh for about 1 yr. A few days ago, i felt something coming up like a boil on the lower spin above the buttocks . Within a day, it has turned to be another soft lump. I have not experienced pain but for the time the growth begins. Could it be cancerous? Please Help, Am 52.
Asked On : Sat, 7 Jul 2012
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
these are lipomas and they are benign and harmless they are ususually found in many persons
but need to doubly confirmed by consulting the surgeon who can diagnose by exam and fnac
usually they are left as such and removed only if it pains