Growing lumps on the legs. Turned into bruises after rubbing with alcohol. Any ideas ?

My daughter showed me her legs about a week ago and they looked as if she was bitten by mosquito s (but only on the bottom part of her legs... more serverly by her shins) The next day... the bumps looked like spider bites... bigger and you could see the lumps all along the same area. We rubbed her legs with alcohol... but after the next two days... they all turned into bruses... and the lumps are very stiff. She is stating that she has no symptoms. Just the reaction you can visually see. The doctor is scratching her head... what do you think this is? We are waiting for blood results.
Asked On : Tue, 21 Aug 2012