Groin pain, back pain, cannot walk properly. What is causing this?

Hi, i have a severe pain in my groin (left) and i cannot lift or straighten my leg without a severe sharp pain coming on in my groin. i cannot put any wait on my leg at all without this severe pain coming on. when i sit or lay or stand in a certain position there is no pain at all but as soon as i try to move my leg this pain comes on severely. i dont know what to do to make the pain go away. it almost feels like it needs to be clicked into place. this is not the first time this has happened to me it has happened a few times when i have been out, the pain has come on out of the blue and i have to sit and wait for the pain to pass and sometimes it doesnt for a few hours and i cannot walk on it properly because of the pain is so severe. i have been on a long walk today and whilst pushing the pram up hills i kept getting a sharp similar pain in my lower back. when i got out of the car when i got home that is when this pain came on in my groin all of a sudden and i literally had to be carried in and i cannot do anything to make this pain go away. i dont know if this is linked with the back pain . i am only 21 and fit and healthy, could you please help me on what this pain could be and how to make it go away? is there a position or exercise i need to go to make the pain go. From when this has happened to me before as soon as the sharp pain goes there is absolutley nothing wrong with my leg at all it feels fine, it just comes on ouot of the blue. i dont know if it is the walk that s caused it as it has come on for no reason before at home even if i just turn a certain way. please could you give me some advise on what is causing this? thanks kirsty
Asked On : Thu, 4 Oct 2012