Greyish swelling with itching on the site of wisdom tooth, Tingling on the lips. Is the infection severe?

Hi, I have been having a wisdom tooth growing in on the bottom left side of my mouth. It has been causing some issues for the past few weeks and recently saw what looks like an infection. A large area that looks grayish with swelling and bumps. I have also noticed some itching and tingling along the left side of my upper and lower lips . It reached it s worst last night where I stayed up all night in agony. Now the pain has subsided for the most part but it looks awful and is now causing slight numbness in my left upper and lower lip and where the infection is. Should I be concerned about this? I don t have insurance and would like to avoid going to the doctor unless it is neccessary. Thank you for your help. :)
Asked On : Mon, 9 Jul 2012