Grey, rotten mold area in upper gum, seemed to be extended into the gum a little further on attempting to pick. Any ideas?

Hey, just last night i realized this grey almost rotten mold area in my high upper gum. I actually picked at it a little just now and its a hard grey looking growth, i was able to move it and actually take a side of it out but it seemed like it extended into my gum a little further so i didn t risk pulling the entire thing out and i dont currently have tweezers. Any idea what it could be? Its really freaking me out and I m probably going to call a dentist tomorrow.
Asked On : Thu, 4 Oct 2012