Greenish discharge from the ear. Is it ear wax or infection?

My son gets ear wax build up quiet easily, yesterday I took him to get his ears cleaned out with a candle which we have done before. However, this time, as of today/night, he has had discharge the color of blueish, greenish and brown. And when I say blueish/green/ that s truly the color. When I look into his ear with a otoscope , it looks like green ear wax. What do you make of this? Sounds like an ear infection , but I was told it is not. ?????
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013