Greenish and whitish thick discharge. Had bacterial vaginosis. Is it due to new sex partner?

I have a new sex partner and around 3months ago I got a thick cottage cheese looking discharge that looked green also. I went to the doctor and I had I think bacterial vaginosis . And the doctor said it had to do with the new sex partner. I stopped having sex with him because I was scared I just did it the other day and its happening again. Is it me? Or him? I only had one sex partner all my life a.d this never happened. Please help
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013