Green discharge with blood shot eyes. Had carotid artery removed from the temple, not on medicines. What can be done?

My mom is 72 year-old female and has has the caarodithod artry removed on the right side of her temple are about a year ago since then the neurologise said she needs to take predison probably for the rest of her life. she does not take it cause of the bloating and has had severe headaches daily and sometimes five times a day. She now has green discharge out her eyes and are reall bad bloodshot? Help..
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012