Green discharge from eye. Have sore throat, cough, stuffy nose. Related?

My wife and I have had a cold for the past several days (severe sore throat , cough , chest and sinus congestion). The last couple of nights our 3yr old son has stated that his nose is stuffy , today he s had a bit of a cough off and on. This morning he awoke with a crusty, greenish gunk in both eyes. This afternoon, on two occasions, he s had a whitish goop in the inner part of his right eye. He has not complained of it being itchy or rubbing it, nor has it slowed him down. Is this from a cold? Should we be concerned?
Asked On : Wed, 8 Aug 2012