Greasy thick yellowish residue between scrotum, inner thigh. What could be the reason?

I have noticed for a while that I occasionally grow hairs on my scrotum and between my scrotum and inner thigh that are coated in a kind of thick yellowish residue. It seems that I can scrape it off, it seems a bit greasy. I am a dancer and have to wear a dance belt which is similar to a jock strap and the area is covered tightly and gets sweaty very often so I m wondering if it is a result of that or is it something I should be worried about?
Asked On : Mon, 9 Apr 2012