Grayish vaginal discharge. Bacterial infection diagnosed. Need antibiotics? History of breast cancer

I had been having a discharge for 4-6 mos and finally got in to see an OB/GYN who said I have a bacterial inf. I just turned 51, had hysterectomy(except ovaries) in 2001, started menopause 2005,2006, diagnosed breast cancer Feb.,2011. Was taking Tamoxifen until Aug. 2012, now taking Arimidex. I don't know if med change would have anything to do with the discharge or not. Had bloodwork and am post-menapausal, 2 times had brite red on pantyshield, most of time was grayish or a rusty color. Want to know what caused inf. and if spouse should be taking antibiotic also. I am taking Flagyl 500mg. 2 times a day
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013