Grains in the yellowish semen. Crystalizes on drying. Cause?

My ejaculate contains a sticky firm substance like transparent rice grains or small worms. (not actual worms, there is no life in them,) It can be sometimes a centimetre (or up to half inch) in length and there can be as many as 8 to 10 pieces of them. Sometimes it breaks up to smaller pieces. Sometimes it is a light yellowish colour. There is no pain at all. When it dries it appears to crystalize. It has been occuring for over a year. I am 52. I also have the symptoms of PF and IC. Thanks. D.
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have
noticed what is called as Agglutination of sperms in your semen which is seen as grains and crystals.
This is most likely to be due to presence of sperm antibodies in your semen which tends sperms to clump together.
This can be confirmed on doing Semen Analysis.
If neglected it may be one of the reasons for ifrtility.
Please get your semen analysis done to confirm the semen agglutination.
Please take vit c,Vit E and zinc regularly.

2 users find this helpful