Gotten bitten by dog on thumb, infection, pus drainage, foul smell, nail coming loose. Treatment?

Got bit by a dog last month, went to er cause he bit through my thumb nail. It did get infected so had to go back and have them drill holes to drain and put me on 2 antiboditics. It s been about three weeks now and the nail is started to come loose and in the last couple days since the nail has started to lift it has a very strong odor. Wondering if I need to go back to dr?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013
Probably,area beneath your nail got infected.
As strong odour is coming even after 2 antibiotics,it shows infection is still present.
Please consult your local doctor.Follow his advice.
As the nail has become loose,you can get it removed under his guidance.Fresh nail will grow.
No problem.
All the best