Got upper back pain due to exercising. Applied anti inflammatory cream. Pain radiated to left breast. How should I treat this?

Hi, I am 32y/o female. I have recently started exercising (couple of months ago). Two weeks ago I woke with upper back pain. Exercising seemed to make this worse so I decreased upper body work. I got massages in the area and have been applying anti inflammatory cream. It got better for a few days and has now returned and the pain is now radiating to my left breast. It hurts intensely when I sneeze. Does this sound muscular? How should I treat this?
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013