Got the contraceptive implant, have PCOS, stinging pain, have bleeding. What is going on?

I got the contraceptive implant exactly 1 month ago. Since then I have had my period 3 times but not continuously. I have PCOS and so before i only got my period for 3 days every few months. Every time my partner and I have foreplay, it stings a lot mostly on the outside, but often inside aswell. I am still a virgin, although my partner and I have been together a while and I'm sure the pain is nothing to do with the hymen. Afterwards the bleeding starts and stays for 6 or 7 days. I am assuming it to be my period, but i'm increasily concerned that it is something else.
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013