Got the Mirena IUD after breastfeeding. What are the blood clots?

I am a breastfeeding mother, I got the Mirena IUD in 7 weeks ago, and have been non-stop bleeding since. Before I got the iud there was a possibility I was pregnant, but the pregnancy test in the doctors office before insertion of the iud was negative. I have endometriosis , so long, irritating periods dont usually concern me. What does concern me is that that last few nights, I have been having some small blood clots, and dark brown sledge for discharge, as well as, your typical period.
Asked On : Tue, 18 Sep 2012