Got tattoo, infection, no swollen

I just got a tattoo on march 10 n today is the 13 of march i think it might be infected but it doesnt hurt at all the swollen went away its not red either wat can i do
Asked On : Sat, 17 Mar 2012

Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum 

There can be two reasons for the above presentation,,Either you have developed contact sensitivity due to the tattoo and its pigment ie a kind of allergic reaction to the pigment. 
Or you have developed infection at the site of the tattoo.. 
Allergic reaction usually presents with redness and development of fluid filled vesicular lesions with few solid papules or pustules over the affected area..the lesions in this case are very itchy in nature... 
Infection presents with redness of the area with the development of pus filled lesions... 
I would advice you to apply a steroid-antibiotic combination like Flutibact cream over the area 
Take oral antihistamines like levocetrizine once a day for 3-4 days... 
Keep the area clean and dry 
Wash with lukewarm water twice a day before applying the cream 
Do not use any other creams/oils/moisturizing lotions over the area.. 

If inspite of the above measures, the lesions persist or increase in size, then sometimes a course of oral steroids or oral antibiotics is required according to the clinical picture 

Hope it helps 
Wishing you speedy recovery 
Dr Geetika Paul