Got subungual hematoma due to fracture of toe nail, now it is purple and leaking blood. Infection?

About a week ago I fractured my big toe and gained a subungual hematoma . The doctor wouldn t drain it because of the risk of infection . My toenail is now 100% purple and has started leaking blood . Is this normal? Should I be worried about infection? How do I go on to treat this? I have been discharged and have nothing a bit of tape strapping my toes together. I can t find any advise online and can t sit in a waiting room for 4 hours for the 4th time this week. Please help.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Jun 2012