Got stitches on lip after injury. Should I avoid eating anything to prevent infection?

I slipped on the floor and fell and broke my two front teeth and busted my bottom lip open so I needed like 8 stitches. I spent last night at the hospital to get my stitches redone (because the first ER doctor didn t stitch it well) and a foreign body removed from my lip (which was probably a shard of my teeth) and I m going to the dentist to get my teeth fixed tomorrow. But I was wondering if there was anything I should avoid eating to avoid getting an infection in my lip and my teeth. I know the doctor can probably tell me tomorrow but I m really scared right now that my teeth will get infected and die. Thank you very much I hope this isn t too much trouble.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013