Got rashes and blisters on knee. Why are they red? Why do they itch?

I got rashes (sort of small blisters) on my both knees. I can t recall when and why i got them. My signs and symptoms are itchiness and redness. They seem to be alleviated during cold weather and aggravated during activities, when i sweat a lot in that region, as well as when i wear long pants. I think they are irritated by those things. I got quadriderm ointment to treat them. Can I ask what are those rashes called? and is quadriderm effective enough to cure them? thanks!
Asked On : Mon, 18 Jun 2012