Got rashes. Dermatologist thinks it is herpes. Is there any test to get confirmation?

Im wondering, one day at work i started to chaf a few hrs before i had to go home. I do live in arizona where it is pretty hot. Lately my pants have been fitting pretty snug and tight. I was wondering could this be a friction rash or maybe thigh rash. I saw a Dr. about it she said probably bacteria or fungal she did a test with a light. Then saw a dermatologist and with out doing any type of test she just immediately said herpes can it be something else?
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013