Got rash on cheek spreading to eyes, neck itchiness on intake of Biaxin. Advised antihistamine. Cause?

I have been treated with a sinus infection twice in the last 2 months, the medication is Biaxin . When I started the med, I developed a small rash on my cheek, and then it spread to my right eye, then left. My eyes now look like I have been punch, my neck is itchy. I went to the dr. yesterday and they put me on a antihistamyne. It has done nothing. Not sure what is going on. I am a healthy 49 year old woman.
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013