Got periods after taking Primolut, stopped and started again. Normal?

Hi docs,im 20 and i had missed my periods for 3 i consulted a gynaecologist and she prescribed me the medicine PRIMOLUT ....i got my periods 15 days after having the medicines but now after 15 days since i stopped bleedind last iv again got my confused....please it normal???
Asked On : Sat, 24 Nov 2012
I have gone through the query and understood your concern. It is not normal to have such a type of bleeding. It definitely suggests hormone imbalance. The periods which you had after hormone intake are due to withdrawal. The menstruation which you observed soon after can either be a natural cycle once the transient hormone imbalance has settled down, or a persisting hormone disturbance. If you can chart your menstrual calendar for the next 2-3 months and see, you can know the difference. If the disturbance is persisting, you have to go for further investigation to plan management. Please maintain a healthy weight, regular exercise and a healthy diet. Take care.