Got periods after putting a new patch of Evra. Had menses weeks back. Cause?

I am on the Evra birth control patch. I have been on it for 3 months. After started my third month after one week, i misplaced the rest of my patches . This was on saturday. I went and got a new set of patches on monday. On tuesday after putting on a patch, i began to have my period. It is not a light period. I still have it now and I did just have my period around christmas time so i shouldnt be having it so soon. What should i do?
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
Its estrogen withdrawl bleeding & should subside within 3-4 days of applying patch. If it doesn't, you can take some haemostatics like Tranexamic acid in consultation with your physician.
Wish you good health.