Got periods after being delayed, had headache, fatigue, gas, appetite loss, high bbt before onset. What could cause this?

My period was dues sept 25 and it just now starting oct 4. Prior to it starting today, I ve experienced headache, fatigue, gas, cramps, bloating , frequent urination and loss of appetite. Took a hpt Tuesday oct 2 and it was negative. For the pass two days which includes today, my bbt was 97.68 oct 3 and 97.71 oct 4(today). My period has been on point every month so it was strange to be 9 days late. What could be the cause of this?
Asked On : Mon, 8 Oct 2012