Got off GERD medicines, headaches stopped, now have exploding feeling in head, high BP. Emergency?

I started having headaches 4 months ago. I thought it might be due to some meds I started at the same time for silent gerd . I have been off the meds for 3 days and headaches have been better, but last night I woke up feeling like my head was going to explode. I have usually had very low bp 110/60. Last week at the ent, checking to see if the headaches may be sinus related my bp was 137/92 and today a friend who is a nurse took my bp and it was 143/96. Should I go to the er?
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013