Got lump in throat, cannot swallow, getting treated for hypertension. taking metropolol. Could that be causing the problem?

I am a 62 year old female, I have been treated for hypertension for 16 yrs. i take karvezide 300 12.5 minipress 1mg and , metoprolol 100mg a day... metroprolol was increased to this doage from 50 7 months ago..... I appear to have developed a wheeze and sometimes cough for no reason at all but especially in very cold environments. I get a lump in my throat cannot swallow, this seems to have gotton worse when the metropolol was increased, could that be causing the problem...
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013