Got knee injury, injured area filled with some liquid. Is it pus or fluid for curing the wound?

Hello Doctor, I am 25 years old, male from India. I got a knee injury 2 weeks ago and it was curing. Yesterday when I was getting up from the chair, my knee (The injured area) got hit in the table. There was no bleeding or anything at that moment. But when I saw today morning, the injured area is filled with some liquid (like a fluid filled blister ). Is it pus or fluid for curing the wound? What should I do ? Remove the liquid out of the wound safely ? or Let it as such. Plz let me know.
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013