Got hurt on the chest while playing. Severe pain on the breast with coughing sneezing and working. Need x-ray?

playing basketball with my son and he turned and elbowed me in the left breast . The pain was intense, i felt like my boob went inside out. After a week of pain, I called the dr, who said give it another week. Well i have and dr perscibed an anti-inflammatory med, saying give it another week on the meds , then see how i feel. There was never any bruising .The pain still hurts, I can barely sweep and mop my floors , it hurts when i cough , clear my throat , sneeze , yell aloud, or laugh aloud. Just taking a deep breath hurts , forget about my exercise routine. When should I ask the dr to send me for an xray? i am not imagining the pain. I actually have a high tolerance for pain but this is really getting to me. any info is greatly appreciated.:)
Asked On : Thu, 23 Aug 2012