Got hurt in ear, bleeding. What should I do? How would i know if i punctured my ear drum ?

I was sitting down at a table scratching around the outside of the hole of my ear, & my arm was on the table & my arm slipped & my pinky finger jammed in my ear. I had a really bad pain & my ear started to bleed from the inside. I dont hear a ringing & I can still hear everything fine. That was around 10pm today, I put a tissue in my ear to help clot whatever cut might have been inside my ear. Then it stopped around an hour later so I wen to sleep. I made sure that I didnt sleep on that side of my head. I happened to wake up & now it is 4.40am & noticed my ear is bleeding again. What should I do ? & How would I know If I punctured my ear drum ?
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013