Got hurt in chest, unconscious for 10 secs and then ok. Do i need to worry?

Hi my daughter 7 .5 yrs old , while playing she hit on the wall and fell down. she got hurt on her middle of the chest . she got up and came to me saying that she got hurt , after that i was just pampering on her chest then she become unconsious for 10 seconds. i was calling her name loudly and pampering her...within 10 seconds she woke up...she was telling no pain..i am alright. is that ok ?
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013

Thank you for your query.

I can understand your concern. When did this injury occur? If your daughter is fine even after a day then there is nothing to worry. In case she blacks out again then you need to get her examined. Such a black out can occur immediately following an injury and is usually transient.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your daughter an early recovery.

Rajiv K Khandelwal