Got hurt during dance. Left leg and hip hurts. How long will it take to heal?

Hello,today at my dance class,whilst in the splits with my left leg in front my hip clicked a few times and poped,which hurt a lot so I got straight up,and carried with my lesson to what I could bear,however I could not lift my leg high as it hurt or stretch over my left leg at all,or over both legs together as the pain in my left leg stops me,I still have pain in this area,under my bum/very top of my thigh, I have a dance exam in April and I am hoping to be back to my best ability by that time,will it heal quickly or will I need to work on it for my hip not to hurt? And could you tell me what I have done as I do not fully understand the medical terms .thanks.
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013