Got hit on thumb and started feeling pain. What's wrong?

Hi, a few days ago I was messing around and punched a leather chair and My thumb got most of the force and since then I ve noticed a pain everytime I move it just right or if i put pressure on it it will hurt. Can someone please tell what they think wrong? (P.s. I think my thumb bone if that s the correct name is sticking out a little bit and my wrist pops a bit since I ve hurt my wrist.)
Asked On : Wed, 12 Dec 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Hi thanks for the query
From the complaints you had described you must have injured the ligaments around the thumb. Since it was not immobilised in the initial days of injury it started giving you the pain whenever you move it. There is also instability in the joints around the thumb. I advice you to consult your Orthopedician for further management.